Most of the time your boiler operates just as it should. However, just as with any mechanical equipment, there are occasions when something goes wrong. A leak in the boiler system signals the need for professional intervention. You should never attempt to repair a gas boiler by yourself, as it presents a significant safety hazard. Contact a pro for boiler service in Marysville.
A boiler leak is a serious issue that indicates a problem with a valve or seal that could lead to damage throughout your home. A technician can evaluate the source of the leak and determine the best way to resolve the issue.
Your boiler may be leaking because:
- The pressure may be set too high, which causes a leak in the pressure valve. Ideal pressure is between 18 and 21 PSI. The pressure relief valve leaks to prevent rupture or explosion. A blockage or limescale can also cause an increase in pressure. Valves require resealing after debris is removed.
- Most boiler leaks are caused by corrosion in the tank or pipes. Rust in one location requires replacing the valve. If it is over a larger area, you may need a new boiler.
- Boiler pump seals that leak necessitates resealing or replacement.
- Leaks from the temperature valve indicate the temperature is too high on the boiler. There could be a malfunction in the boiler temperature probe.
- Improper installation may cause water to leak around pipe fittings.
These signs or a leak somewhere else demonstrate the need for a specialist. Contact the experienced team at Complete Mechanical at (206) 337-2360 to schedule an appointment for boiler service in Marysville. We have the necessary skill and training to handle all your boiler problems.