We depend upon our hot water tank for so much in the home and really don’t think about problems in that area until they occur – usually at the most inopportune moment. The dishwasher, washing machine, faucets and showers all utilize hot water numerous times on a daily basis. There are several signs that your tank may require replacement instead of a routine repair. Complete Mechanical offers expert plumbing and hot water tank service in Bothell to meet all of your needs.
The primary indicator of hot water tank replacement is an older model. Typically, hot water tanks last anywhere from 5 to 12 years, depending on how often it is used. If your tank is in the upper portion of this range or older, you will benefit from a new tank that is more energy efficient and will likely save you money in the long run.
Other signals to watch out for include:
- Cold water instead of hot when turning on the tap.
- Very little hot water coming from the faucet.
- Large or small puddles that accumulate around the bottom of the hot water tank on a frequent basis.
- Small leaks at pipe connections.
- Corroded areas and sludge build-up.
- Unusual noises coming from the tank when in operation (squeaks, gurgles, thumps).
The professional plumbers at Complete Mechanical can provide expert advice regarding the necessity of a simple repair or a new tank. If your system does require replacement, the average cost is approximately $700.00. Call us today at (206) 337-2360 for your hot water tank service in Bothell.