Maybe you have been considering the installation of a ductless mini split heat pump system in Bellevue but have heard that the unit is too expensive. There are a lot of misconceptions about this relatively new product. Let’s examine and debunk those myths!
- Cost – This is dependent upon several factors, including the climate of the region where you live, location and condition of the original equipment, efficiency and energy type. All heating apparatuses must be utilized properly to attain maximum productivity. Numerous studies have shown that ductless systems can save you from $1,000 to $2,000 each year in energy costs, making them worth the purchase.
- New Construction Only – Ductless systems can be installed in any home or business, not just in new construction. They are at their most efficient in well-insulated buildings.
- Bacteria Distribution – Ductless mini split units come with self-cleaning options and filter systems to keep bacteria and spores from settling where they are not wanted. Air entering the device is purified several times. Many of the components can be hand washed and a fan inside quickly dries the heat exchanger to prohibit bacterial growth. Air quality is better with this system than a conventional heating unit.
- Not Suitable for Cold Climates – As a supplement to traditional central heating system, a mini split heat pump helps to maintain comfortable indoor temperatures when it’s down to -13°F outside. They also cost less to operate.
- Not Long-lasting – Even though heat pumps work year-round, they will continue to function optimally every day with periodic cleaning, proper use and preventive maintenance.