With summer on the way, now is the time to have your office’s HVAC system inspected. The last thing you want is for your air conditioning to be inadequate! If there were complaints last summer, perhaps it’s time for that overdue upgrade? The experts at Complete Mechanical can answer all your questions regarding Commercial Air Conditioning in Bellevue, Seattle, Everett, Lynnwood, Washington.
Whether you need service on an existing system, or are considering a more eco-friendly solution to your air conditioning needs, it is essential that the work be completed before the heat of summer arrives! All HVAC systems require a yearly maintenance/inspection to assure the most efficient comfort for your employees. Additionally, routine maintenance by a professional can:
- Recover lost efficiency – With proper upkeep, an air conditioning system can maintain up to 96%
- Maintain comfort – A properly maintained unit controls humidity and temperature in the space
Yearly air conditioning maintenance includes:
- Refrigerant Charge – by maintaining refrigerant levels, the efficiency of an air conditioning system is assured to be at its peak. Did you know that a 10% loss of coolant will result in a 20% increase in electrical needs to cool the same space? It is recommended that you test and adjust coolant pressure yearly by the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) Beware: as a chloroflourocarbon (CFC), freon cannot be added to a leaky commercial system! The contractor can only fix the leak an shut the system down…
- Check Electrical System – your contractor will check the voltage and resistance across motors; check capacitors; test fan relay; check compressor contacts; verify that all electrical connections are secure.
- Air Flow – the air flow across the indoor coil is tested.
- Lubrication – all moving parts must be properly lubricated; including fans, motors, etc.
- Fan Belts – all belts are inspected, lubricated, tightened and replaced as necessary.
- Thermostats – test, clean and adjust and replace thermostats as required
- Reversing Valves – on heat pumps, the reversing valve is inspected, cleaned or replaced as required.
- Condenser Coils – inspection and cleaning/repair/replacement of both indoor and outdoor condenser coils; test temperature exchange across indoor coil.
- Drain Lines – inspection and clearing/repair/replacement of condensate drain lines
- Efficiency Rating – ask your air conditioning expert to perform an efficiency rating on your system.
Although a yearly maintenance will keep your system at its most efficient, the fact of the matter is, with eco-friendly technology such as Geothermal Heat Pumps, it may be time to do a cost analysis of replacing an antiquated air conditioning system. Your air conditioning experts in Seattle, Everett, Lynwood, Bellevue, Washington can do a full cost analysis for replacement of your Bellevue commercial air conditioning system. The last thing you need is to learn that your Freon is leaking and the system must be shut down! Early diagnosis and treatment is surely the best course of action….