It has happened at least once to almost everyone. Cold weather hits and you turn on the heater and – nothing. This is definitely a situation that you do not want to experience. Routine air conditioning and heating service in Mukilteo, about twice a year can help prevent this and other disasters from happening.
Here are a few common heating problems that you may experience:
- Your filters are dirty. This causes your heater to work harder than it has to and can lead to damage to the components and higher electricity bills.
- The heat exchanger is cracked. This costly expense can be alleviated with periodic servicing.
- The blower belt is squealing, meaning that it has slipped or is frayed.
- The thermostat is not working properly. Comfort levels within the home may be compromised.
- A scraping sound likely indicates worn ball bearings. Call a pro immediately.
- The furnace blows continuously. It may need to be replaced.
- Loud noises may point to problems with mechanics, airflow or a clogged burner.
- Frequent cycling could be due to improper airflow, a blocked filter or a bad thermostat.
- The pilot light is flickering or yellow. Your gas furnace may be leaking carbon monoxide. This requires intervention without delay!
- Issues with the pilot control or electric ignition may reduce the amount of heat in your home and can be uncomfortable in cold temperatures.
Contact Complete Mechanical at (206) 337-2360 if you experience any of these problems or to schedule a routine heating service in Mukilteo to prevent them from occurring. Our skilled technicians are friendly and capable and ready to help keep your home warm this winter. You can trust us to take care of your heating needs with care and precision.