It seems that summer is barely over and we are anticipating (or dreading!) the cold weather soon to come. Along with lower outdoor temperatures, higher energy bills seem to follow. There are several steps, however, that you can take to assist in lowering your fall and winter power usage that result in lesser expenditures and more money in your wallet. Along with the following tips, the first thing you should do is to be preparing your home or business home heating system for the busy season ahead. Contact Complete Mechanical for your annual heating service in Everett before it is too late.
- Get your propane tank(s) filled and schedule automatic refills for the rest of the winter so you will not have to worry about forgetting about it later.
- Install a programmable thermostat, or if you already have one, go ahead and set it to a comfortable internal temperature for when it is freezing outside. This can save you up to 10% on your heating costs.
- Set your water heater to 120˚. Install low-flow shower heads.
- Check to be sure you have adequate attic insulation and add more if necessary.
- Inspect all doors and windows and seal all leaks and cracks.
- Purchase a generator if you live in an area where power outages are common.
- Utilize the sunlight in colder weather by opening blinds and curtains to take advantage of the warmth.
Consult the professionals at Complete Mechanical for more cold weather tips and to make an appointment for your heating service in Everett. Call us today at (206) 337-2360. We look forward to providing excellent service and fair pricing.