Depending on where you live, there are a variety of options available for heating and cooling your home or business. One option that is becoming more popular in our area of the country is a ductless mini-split heat pump. This system differs from standard heating and cooling equipment in that it utilizes a single device called a heat pump and no ductwork to keep a building comfortable. You may even qualify for rebates for ductless heat pump systems in Stanwood.
The benefits of ductless heat pumps are many, and include:
- Reducing the cost of your heating bill virtually in half compared to traditional electric heating systems. Transferring heat is less expensive than generating heat. Ductless mini-split heat pumps that are ENERGY STAR certified use 60% less energy than typical electric heating systems.
- Each unit mounted indoors can heat or cool a single room, allowing different temperatures in different locations. Temperature can be adjusted via remote, smartphone apps or wall consoles.
- Certified mini-split systems cut costs of cooling by about 30% since they use advanced fans and compressors that can easily be adjusted for energy-saving.
Ductless mini-split units are being used more in these circumstances:
- Room additions or separate outbuildings like garages or barns.
- Older homes or commercial buildings that have no ductwork.
- New construction where fuel costs are high.
- Structures that generate expensive electric heating bills.
- Rooms that are not regularly occupied.
- Spaces next to unconditioned areas that are exposed to extreme temperatures.
Talk with the trained pros at Complete Mechanical at (206) 337-2360 about the advantages of this unique style of heating and cooling unit and if you would be eligible for rebates for ductless heat pump systems in Stanwood.