If you are planning to buy an older home with a boiler system and have never had this type of heating apparatus before, you likely have a few questions about what it is and how it works. Inspections and boiler service in Bothell can easily be scheduled with a simple phone call.
- Boilers no longer boil water for heat as they did in years past. Today, boilers are water heaters and usually use natural gas.
- A boiler supplies radiant heat, which warms everything in a room. Boilers can be set at a lower temperature than a central heater because the radiant heat allows the room to feel warmer than the temp of the air.
- A boiler heating system can be efficiency or high-efficiency and have radiators, Fintube or baseboard heating.
- Problems that are common to boilers include failure of electrical components, excess air in the system, low water pressure and frozen water in extreme temperatures.
- High-efficiency boilers use air from outside for combustion and do not dry out air in the home. Lower efficiency boilers utilize indoor air and can create a lack of humidity.
- Boilers are very safe when water temperatures are at the correct setting.
- Modern boilers are as energy-efficient as gas forced-air furnaces.
- It is not possible to upgrade your current boiler. It must be replaced with a newer model.
For questions about boilers or to make an appointment for boiler service in Bothell, call the experienced technicians at Complete Mechanical at (206) 337-2360. We can provide routine maintenance service for your boiler, make repairs as needed or remove an old boiler and install a new one. Rely on our expert team for your boiler needs.