With the change in season, it’s time to make sure your HVAC system is in working order before weather extremes begin to hit. Regular HVAC service in Arlington can prevent problems from happening and ensures that your heating and air conditioning are functioning correctly. Common airflow issues that signal the need for intervention include:
- Registers and vents that are blocked.
- The condenser is obstructed, restricting airflow.
- Ductwork is blocked or has leaks.
- Filters are clogged with dust, dirt, and allergens.
- The thermostat has malfunctioned.
- The blower fan is slower than it should be, usually caused by accumulated debris.
- The coils are dirty. These should be cleaned about once or twice each year.
- The air conditioning unit is too big. This results in inefficient operation, with cycling occurring too often.
- Your HVAC system is outdated. If you have completed renovations to your space without moving ductwork, the HVAC unit may not work effectively.
- Refrigerant levels are low. This common problem often happens with older units. The HVAC system may not cool as well as it did before.
Preventive maintenance can keep your HVAC system operating as it should. You can help by cleaning or replacing your filters monthly and have seasonal checks on the system by a professional. Your HVAC technician will clean the fan blades and coils, inspect the ductwork for leaks and obstruction, evaluate the motor and adjust as necessary, and observe your HVAC design to ensure that it meets the requirements for heating and cooling your home.
Contact Complete Mechanical at (206) 337-2360 to schedule an appointment for periodic HVAC service in Arlington. Our team has the experience and skill to take care of all your heating and cooling needs.