Spring is a great time to talk to Complete Mechanical, Inc. about your heating service in Seattle. The weather is warming up, so you are not using your heater as much as you did in the winter. This is a good time to get your heating system serviced so that it is ready to be properly shut down for the summer. A checkup is even more important if you have central air, and your air conditioner uses the same ducts as your heating system. The following checklist includes some important points for attention:
- Check all motors using an electrical gauge to see if they are operating correctly
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Check all gas or oil fuel connections to make sure nothing has loosened up, or is leaking.
- Check burners and heat exchangers.
- Check your system controls to make sure they are working properly.
- Check your thermostat to make sure it is registering correctly.
- Change the filters monthly. This is something you, the owner, can do. Ask your service person to show you how if you are not already aware of how to change them out.
- Clean all dust and cobwebs out of the heater, and out of the duct work.
Spring is also a good time to check weather stripping around doors and windows, repair faulty screens and look for other places where your home might have developed wear as a result of winter weather. Good seals help with regulating drafts, and helps keep the air you have either heated or cooled inside your home, and unfiltered air outside.
Complete mechanical, Inc. can help you with your yearly heating service in Seattle. Just give us a call at (206)337-2360, and let us know when it is a good time to have maintenance done on your heating system. We will be glad to help.